Social SectorWhat does it take?
Start with a single child. What does that child need for effective learning? The first requirement is a teacher. The teacher must:
- Know the goal, what it is the child is to learn.
- Know the subject matter to be taught, .
- Have mastery of at least one effective technique for teaching the material,
- Be able to assess whether a student has mastered the material,
- Be motivated to assist the child’s learning.
- In addition, the teacher must be supported with: Physical facilities adequate to the learning process,
Instructional materials, Building from the primordial interaction of child and teacher in the context of elementary education leads to the classification of the above requirements into seven basic functions that a provider must undertake in order to deliver an educational or instructional service.
One of the things that makes elementary a special case is that there is a broad consensus that Elementary education should be universal, which implies that, in addition to the above seven fundamental elements of effective instruction, public policy has to provide that this is available to all.
Tabular Data of Informal Schools
|Sr. Nos.||Informal Units||Units||Students (Males & Females)||Teachers|
|2||Single Teacher Schools||7828||148100||7259|
| ||Grand Total||12,001||2,45,403||11,143|